turtles all the way down

May 28, 2006

20:43

The man upstairs is a dancer.

I didn't want to tell you until I was sure, but it's true. He is dancing right now! It started as a sort of rhythmic thumping, you know, and then late last night when I was sighing and wheezing at the ceiling like some sort of old lady on a sitcom -

WHAT IS ALL THAT NOISE YOU KIDS -

I realized, oh hey, that is dance.

And then it shattered into syncopated syllables and slides, and I laughed out loud at myself, tucked the covers under my chin, and went to bed.

Today he is dancing again, and I shake my head at the ceiling in joy. It's like having an angel upstairs, a dancing man for me, a little present to let me know I haven't been forgotten yet. There is still beauty in the world, the man upstairs is a dancer.

last night I finished guns germs & steel finally

1 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger ed said…

    my neighbourdancers are way too gay and into these hour long madonna medleys every. fucking. weekend. But if it is a happy upstairs dancer, I say go. Who was it that was a dj now again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home